Anadolu Agency
Transkript
ISRAEL FEARFUL OF PALESTINIAN STONE-THROWING DOLL LOW OIL PRICES TO HELP NARROW TURKEY’S DEFICIT: MOODY’S JERUSALEM (AA) – Israeli costumes services at Haifa port seized 4,000 stuffed dolls that were en route to the occupied West Bank. Officials said they confiscated the dolls Tuesday under the pretext that they were meant to be used as tools of incitement against Israel. Haifa Customs Director Coby Yahav said his department will continue its work to prevent the “smuggling of weapons and the infiltration of inciting material,” in reference to the dolls. >> POLITICS FOOTBALL: GALATASARAY HEAD FOR EUROPA LEAGUE ANKARA (AA) - Low oil prices are expected to help narrow Turkey’s current account deficit, Alpona Banerji, vice president and senior credit officer at credit agency Moody’s told Anadolu Agency on Wednesday. “Turkey’s current account deficit is expected to moderate this year and next year, as a result of the combination of lower oil prices and slower domestic demand,” Banerji said. Banerj listed some of the factors that challenge the Turkish economy as “substantial external vulnerabilities, like the large current account deficit, ..... >>ECONOMY Turkish presence in Mosul part of ‘planned training’ Thursday December 10, 2015 Deputy PM Numan Kurtulmus says Ankara had been cooperating with Iraqi government from the beginning A Turkish military presence in northern Iraq is part of “planned training”, Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said on Wednesday. Speaking at Anadolu Agency’s Editor’s’ Desk in Ankara, Kurtulmus said the training had been going on for a long time in that part of Iraq, adding that Turkey had been working with the country’s central government from the beginning. The posting of military trainers to Bashiqa, near Mosul, has caused a diplomatic spat between Ankara and Baghdad. Baghdad insists the forces be withdrawn while the Turkish government has said the troops are merely part of a routine rotation of a training program for Kurdish peshmerga fighters. Turkey’s presence in northern Iraq is not a new situation; Turkish troops have been providing peshmerga forces – the army of the Iraqi Kurdish regional government – with training since Sep 2014. Kurtulmus said the training came after a request from Mosul’s governor following the Daesh group’s storming of the Iraqi province. He added: “About 2,400 peshmerga, Turkmen and Arabs have been trained within preparations to rescue Mosul, that’s why – it is not a fresh situation.” “It is an exaggerated issue and I hope the tension will be de-escalated as soon as possible,” he added. >MORE DETAILS Turkey wants support in anti-PKK fight, says spokesman Presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin says the ‘determination’ against Daesh should also be shown against the PKK Turkey wants to see the same determination shown against Daesh by the international community to be extended to the PKK. This was according to Turkish presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin, speaking to reporters in Ankara on Wednesday. Claiming that it was wrong to differentiate between some terror groups as being “good” or “bad,” Kalin added: “Developing a policy from this point of view is wrong, both diplomatically and morally.” Turkey to investigate Gulenist links to unsolved murders Turkish prosecutors to examine cases from 2000 to 2013 to search for links to terror group Prosecutors in Ankara have launched an investigation into the links between the Gulenist terror group and unsolved murders committed between 2000 and 2013, a prosecution source said Tuesday. The Office of Investigation into Crimes Committed Against Constitutional Order will review the files of old murder cases for evidence of a link to the organization headed by preacher Fetullah Gulen. The organization, also known as the “parallel state”, said to have plotted to overthrow the Turkish state by installing its followers among state institutions, particularly the police and judiciary. The inquiry will encompass all unsolved murders during the 13 year period, the source said on condition of anonymity. Among the cases to be examined will be the February 2009 killing of Behcet Oktay, the president of Ankara police’s special operations department; the death of candidate judge Didem Yaylali in August 2013; the killing of academic Necip Hablemitoglu in December 2002; and the May 2006 killing of a member of Turkey’s Council of State. Police intelligence and anti-terror officers will also be involved in the investigation. >MORE DETAILS Kalin said that apart from fight against Daesh “we have a fight against the terror organization called the PKK”. The PKK – considered a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S., and EU – resumed its armed campaign in late July. Since then, around 195 members of the security forces have been martyred while more than 1,700 terrorists have been killed, according to official figures. Daesh is an enemy of my country, a disgraceful thing, as it puts my religion in a malicious position,’ Bilal Erdogan says Daesh does not represent Islam and I do not even think they are Muslim, Turkish president’s son, Bilal Erdogan, has said in response to Russian allegations that he is involved in an illegal oil trade with the terrorist group. In remarks made to an Italian newspaper, Corriere della Sera, Tuesday in the Italian city of Bologne where he is pursuing his doctorate degree at the John Hopkins University, Erdogan said: “Kremlin’s spokesperson says ‘Erdogan’s son is exporting oil via the Ceyhan port with ships coming from Daesh’ and it appears in newspapers worldwide. I have nothing to do with such a marine transport”. Russia made the allegations after Turkey downed a Russian jet for violating Turkish airspace in late November. “Above all, Daesh is an enemy of my country, a disgraceful thing, as it puts my Turkey’s Galatasaray dropped from the Champions League religion in a malicious position. They do not represent Islam and I do not even think they are Muslim,” he said. About why Turkey does not seal its border with Syria, Bilal Erdogan said that Turkey was taking strict action against oil smuggling. “Turkey has a 900-kilometer border and is doing its best, but it is rather difficult. We asked formation of a buffer zone, which can be easier to both control the border and receive the refugees, but, unfortunately, we have not been heard,” he said. About Russia’s negative reaction to establishing a no-fly zone on the Turkish-Syrian border, he said: “Who knows why... Turkey and Russia are partners and neighboring countries. I am of the opinion that the problem will be solved, but if everyone pursues their interests, I do not think it will take place”. He said that Russia’s closing down of dialogue channels with Turkey would not improve the situation. “The thing that broke out with Russian jet is saddening, but we should focus on real issues like Daesh and future of Syria,” he said. >MORE DETAILS Thursday to Europe’s second-tier club competition on Tuesday with a SUNNY 1-1 draw against Kazakh opponents Astana. 10 °C By coming third in their group, Galatasaray ensured continued European football this season in the Europa League. Friday Patrick Twumasi broke the deadlock in the 62nd minute PARTLY CLOUDY for Astana at the Turk Telekom Arena in Istanbul only for 8 °C the hosts to pull a goal back two minutes through Selcuk Inan. >>SPORT Russian tourism ban on Turkey ineffective, experts say Twitter users show support for Muslim student’s tweet poking fun at Republican presidential front-runner Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has become a figure of ridicule on social media after he called for the U.S. to ban the entry of all Muslims. Almost immediately after the real estate mogul made the policy statement, he was mocked on social media and not only by other Republican candidates. A tweet by Firas Alkhateeb garnered a lot of attention. “Does anyone know if the concentration camps Trump is planning for us Muslims will have WiFi?,” he said. Users of the micro-blogging site quickly showed support for Alkhateeb by retweeting his message nearly 700 times, liking it north of 600 times and responding in like fashion. “If they do, I’m converting,” Alaskan journalist Brian O’Connor said in response. “So it’s like 1960s Ohio, but with wifi?,” O’Connor added, referring to discrimination faced by blacks during the decade. A Methodist pastor and retired Navy chaplain from Boston also responded to Alkhateeb. “Can I go? I’m not a Muslim but my Wi-Fi is crap,” said Pastor Williams. Sandra Milena said she would join the camp if she would be able to get the W-Fi connection, adding a smile at the end of her tweet. Frank McConnell suggested that the real estate mogul and Republican presidential front-runner will not be so kind, but instead is “going to turn the Internet off for Muslims”. Some feared they may become Trump’s next target for espousing liberal ideas. “I hope so because as a liberal, I am probably not far behind you,” said one user named mfsnyder. Trump may prevent Muslim entry to the US but one user, Old Darkness, believes online access will be available. “Behave, under King Trump you’ll get dialup and be forced to thank him every morning!,” the user tweeted. Alkhateeb is a student and teacher at the Dural Qasuim school in Illinois. He also runs the Lost Islamic History website that “aims to educate all people, regardless of religious affiliation about the story of Muslims of the past,” according to the site. >MORE DETAILS Iraq contradicts Russia over UN meeting on Turkey Iraqi envoy denies Russian claim that Baghdad sent letter to Security Council objecting to Turkish troops >MORE DETAILS Turkish president’s son dismisses Russia oil trade claims WEATHER / ANKARA Russia’s ambassador to the UN said Tuesday that Iraq sent a letter to the Security Council protesting the presence of Turkish troops in the north of the country, but Iraq’s UN envoy said no letter as such had been sent. Speaking to reporters following a closed-door Security Council meeting on the recent deployment of Turkish military trainers in northern Iraq, Russian Ambassador Vitaly Churkin said the letter “triggered our request to hold informal consultations”. “They sent a letter to the Security Council ... There were complaints to the Security Council, there were public complaints by the Prime Minister of Iraq and other Iraqi officials, so it was not our invention,” Churkin said, referring to the council meeting. Churkin’s Iraqi counterpart, Mohamed Ali Alhakim, denied that his country had sent a letter to the 15-member council. “We are working on this bilaterally between Baghdad and Ankara, and when we need, we have letters available to the Police officer martyred by PKK in southeast Turkey A police officer was martyred and two others injured in a PKK terrorist attack on Tuesday in southeastern Turkey, officials said. Mardin provincial governor’s office gave few details of the attack in Nusaybin, which sits on the Syrian border. The town has been under curfew since Dec. 6 as Turkish security forces combat the PKK terrorist organization. Following the 2 p.m. local time (1200GMT) armed attack, the officers were taken to hospital. “One of the three police officers who had been getting treatment at Nusaybin State Hospital was martyred despite all medical efforts,” the statement said. The injured officers’ conditions are not life-threatening. The PKK - considered a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and EU - resumed its armed campaign in late July. Since then, around 195 members of the security forces have been martyred while more than 1,700 terrorists... >MORE DETAILS Security Council, but they have not been issued by Baghdad yet,” he said, adding that the letter Churkin referred to might be a letter sent by Iraq on June 25, 2014. “We have not yet escalated it to the Security Council,” he said. “For us what is helpful is the bilateral discussion going on right now between Baghdad and Ankara, and it is going extremely well,” he added. The posting of Turkish military trainers to Bashiqa, near Mosul, on Friday has caused a diplomatic spat between Iraq and Turkey,... >MORE DETAILS Frenchman named as third bomber in Paris concert attack A 23-year-old Frenchman has been identified as the third suspected suicide bomber involved in the Nov. 13 Bataclan concert hall attack in Paris that left 90 people dead, the French media said Wednesday. According to French daily Le Parisien, Frenchman Foued Mohamed Aggad, 23, was allegedly the third attacker who blew himself up at the hall. The Paris prosecutor had earlier identified two other suicide bombers... >MORE DETAILS
Benzer belgeler
Turkey: `31 PKK terrorists` killed in Hakkari operation
southeastern Sirnak province Thursday, the army added.
Turkish army began its air-andground operations against PKK
terrorist organization inside Turkey
and northern Iraq in late July, as the
PKK re...
Anadolu Agency
Crimes Committed Against Constitutional Order will review the files of
old murder cases for evidence of a link
to the organization headed by preacher Fetullah Gulen.
The organization, also known as...
Turkish PM: Alevi places of worship to get legal
ANKARA (AA) - Low oil prices are expected to help narrow Turkey’s current account deficit, Alpona Banerji, vice
president and senior credit officer at credit agency Moody’s
told Anadolu Agency on W...
Daesh Behind `Act of War` on Paris: French President
complaints by the Prime Minister of Iraq and other Iraqi
officials, so it was not our invention,” Churkin said, referring to the council meeting.
Churkin’s Iraqi counterpart,
Mohamed Ali Alhakim, d...
Anadolu Agency
town has been under curfew
since Dec. 6 as Turkish security
forces combat the PKK terrorist organization.
Following the 2 p.m. local time
(1200GMT) armed attack, the
officers were taken to hospital.
Iraq SITREP 2015-2-24-25 - Institute for the Study of War
think they are Muslim,” he said.
About why Turkey does not seal its
border with Syria, Bilal Erdogan said
that Turkey was taking strict action
against oil smuggling.
“Turkey has a 900-kilometer bor...